Payments are a necessity for both individuals and businesses. The need to make payments is perhaps the one thing all customers have in common. Daily, individuals and businesses pay utility bills such as electricity, cable tv and mobile subscriptions.
While most people prefer cash payments, it is not a practical option. Nonetheless, even credit cards have their limitations. How many times have you completed a transaction, handed over your card to pay, and received the message “Declined” Or “network unavailable”?
This is why MoMo Bill Payment has simplified a lot of bill services for you! So, instead of carrying cash around or stressing over credit cards, you can simply pay bills using the MoMo PSB app or USSD code. MoMo Bill Payment services are convenient and efficient, with features guaranteed to keep your funds secure.
To further help you understand what MoMo Bill Payment is, and how it works, this article has all the information you need. Let’s get started!
What is MoMo Bill Payment?
MoMo Bill Payment is one of the convenient services offered by MoMo PSB, a mobile banking platform that offers financial solutions to merchants, fintech companies, banks, financial institutions, digital service providers and other organisations. It offers an easy, safe and inexpensive way to ensure that all your bills are paid from the comfort of your homes or offices.
MoMo Bill Payment allows customers to carry out transactions such as renewing subscriptions, buying prepaid electricity, travel bills, school fees, making payments through MoMoPay and collections, and so much more. The goal of MoMo Bill Payment is to drive financial inclusion in Nigeria, by providing safe and accessible money transfer services to millions of unbanked and underserved Nigerians.
With MoMo Bill Payment, you can:
- Renew subscriptions with ease: Payment of subscription bills like DSTV, GOTV and Star times, has now become simple and easy for MoMo PSB customers.
- Purchase Electricity Units: With MoMo, paying electricity bills has become relatively easier. All you have to do is log in, supply your metre number and pay for specified units, all within minutes!
- Make Payment through MoMoPay: This enables merchants to receive payment for goods and services using Mobile Money Payment services.
- Make Payments through Collections. Enable remote collection of bills, fees or taxes.
Why MoMo Bill Payment?
- It is convenient: With MoMo Bill Payment, you have all the tools needed to manage and make bill payments, at both individual and business levels. From the convenience of just one app, paying your bills is super easy. You can conveniently pay electricity, cable TV, betting, and loan collection bills to specific vendors. This also saves you time with all your bills appearing in one place rather than logging into multiple websites or apps.
- Super easy to use: You can sign up quickly and start making bill payments in just 15 minutes. MoMo Bill Payment’s APIs are seamless, uncomplicated, and currently optimizable to give you the best experience.
- Keep your funds secure: With online banking, it is only normal to be sceptical. However, MoMo Bill Payment is committed to safeguarding the information and funds of its customers, from malicious actors. It makes use of the best security protocols to keep your transactions secure, information safe and data hidden during transactions. This is achieved through the activation of security measures such as real-time monitoring, and advanced data privacy tools.
- Promotes financial inclusion: MoMo Bill Payment makes use of technology and agency banking to mobilise bill payments and transfers from unbanked consumers in rural regions and any other location in Nigeria. That is, it makes it easy for people in rural and remote areas of the country who remain excluded from the financial system, to easily pay bills.
Get to know about other MoMo PSB product features:
Why hassle with payments when you have MoMo Bill Payment?
Get started, by dialling *671# on any network to open a MoMo wallet and pay your bills. You can also pay at any MoMo Agent Outlet. MoMo PSB is poised to enable millions of unbanked and underserved Nigerians to access a wide range of financial service products.
Interested in finding out more about MoMo Bill Payment? Visit our website at MoMo.mtn.com to create an account, and Follow @momopsb on all platforms to stay updated.