Two African creatives have earned coveted spots on the distinguished Grand Jury for the 2024 AME Awards. Steve Babaeko, the CEO and CCO of X3M Ideas Nigeria, and Megan Nethercote, the strategy director at Fine Group South Africa, have both been selected to contribute their expertise and insights to the panel.
AME’s Grand Jury members are visionary strategic leaders representing 30 countries worldwide, embracing the powerful partnership between creativity and effectiveness. The 2024 Grand Jury boasts a diverse lineup of award-winning executives hailing from Argentina to the UAE, Brazil to Singapore, Ecuador to Sweden. Comprising chief strategy officers, CEOs, creative chairmen, CCOs, heads of planning, strategy directors, and more, it represents a wealth of expertise from across the globe renowned for their innovative approaches, they bring a wealth of industry experience to the jury panel, having consistently delivered creative and effective solutions throughout their careers.
Grand Jury Members from Middle East & Africa include:
- Dina Alsharif, strategy manager, Accenture Song UAE
- Rohit Arora, director strategy & growth, Viola Communications UAE
- Ghada Azzi, managing editor, Arab Ad Magazine Lebanon
- Steve Babaeko, CEO and CCO, X3M Ideas Nigeria
- Bhaskar Bateja, head of strategy, Memac Ogilvy UAE
- Megan Nethercote, strategy director, Fine Group South Africa
- Damayanti Purkayastha, head of strategy, MullenLowe MENA
- Anja Petrovski, marketing & PR director, Audi Volkswagen Middle East\Dubai UAE
- Mariam Samy, senior anager – Strategy & Insights, Saatchi & Saatchi UAE
- Fabio Silveira, general manager, Havas Creative Dubai UAE
This curated panel of creative strategists will be responsible for judging this year’s AME entries. The diverse AME Grand Jury, drawn from five regions across the globe, will meticulously evaluate all entries online, playing a pivotal role in determining the 2024 AME Shortlist.
“We’re thrilled that these strategic innovators are generously contributing their talent and time to judge the 2024 AME Awards,” said Gayle Seminara Mandel, VP executive director, AME Awards. “Their global knowledge and industry perspective will guarantee the recognition and celebration of creative work that not only solves problems, inspires action, but also delivers outstanding results.”
The results of the 2024 AME Awards Jury sessions will be parsed in the AME Report, an annual ranking report that honours outstanding agencies and brands from 30 countries.
The final deadline to enter the 2024 AME Awards competition is 3 April 2024.